Google Chrome and YouTube are the most accessed web platforms in the world. Chrome comes on first and YouTube on second. It means the second click after Google goes on YouTube, you can guess how much load and traffic is on these platform’s servers. Due to that much load or maybe device fault its normal that Chrome Keeps Freezing when Watching YouTube Videos.
This issue is a genuine software problem. Your Device, Web Caches, system Junk Files can be the reason behind this issue. If the issue is on your side only than its purely your device problem. Not matter, you are using YouTube on Google Chrome smartphone or computer.
Google Chrome Freezes while using YouTube:
There can be various factors behind this issue. The most common factor behind such an issue is web caches. Caches and Junk files slow down the overall performance of Chrome, so it is necessary to clear them timely.
If you have a doubt that your internet connection speed is slower than testing it. The best way to test internet loading is shopping sites like Amazon, Ali Express, etc. If such sites are opening fine and they take normal time than your internet connection is fine. And, if the sites are loading slowly than contact you ISP to fix this issue. By the way, it is very easy to fix Chrome Keeps Freezing while Watching YouTube Videos.
In the below guide, we have mentioned multiple solutions to fix the Google Chrome Freezing issue. These remedies are enough to solve the problem. Infact these are the general maintenance tricks that will improve your Google Chrome Productivity.
How to Fix Chrome Freezing Issue While using YouTube:
Here are the solutions which can possibly fix your most of the Google Chrome problems. These are so simple to perform because there are not hard technicalities in it.
Clear Chrome Cache and Junk Files:
Clearing caches and Junk files solve most of the browser problems. It is so simple to clean Cache files on Chrome, you just need to explore settings on Chrome.
- Launch Chrome on your Browser.
- At the top right corner along with your Profile icon, click on the three-dotted menu icon. Select the History option from the menu. Or, press “Ctrl + H” on Keyboard, it will directly take you to the history page.
- Select the Clear Browsing Data from the left side menu.
- At the next tab, change the time duration to “All Time“, only check the box of Cached and Image files. Now select Clear data option.
You have successfully deleted the cached and image files. Now again use YouTube on Chrome. There is a 90% chance that Google Chrome freezing When using the youTube issue will be fixed now. If you are still not fortunate enough in fixing the issue, keep following the sequence of solutions.
Remove Unnecessary Chrome Extensions:
Installing and keep unnecessary Chrome extension effect loading, Browsing and Steaming speed alot. If you are also one of those users who kept unnecessary Chrome Extensions on browser than its time to remove them. Even if you disabled those Chrome extension they will put the burden on Chrome.
- Click on the three-dotted menu icon at the top left corner of the Chrome window.
- Move your mouse cursor on the More Tools option and select the Extensions option from the sub-menu.
- Google Chrome will display all the Extension which are currently installed on your Chrome.
- Now you need to remove all the unnecessary and buggy extension which are present unnecessarily.
After removing the extensions, clear Chrome Cache again. Restart your Google Chrome and now use YouTube.
Reset Google Chrome Settings:
Sometimes Settings Customization goes wrong. Maybe your preferred settings are not suitable for Google Chrome. You can try to fix Chrome Freezing Issue While using YouTube. It will not delete any of your data, passwords, extension, account or any other stuff. Reset Settings will take you back on default Google Chrome Settings.
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top right side of Chrome.
- Move to the Settings section.
- Scroll down to locate the Advanced settings option.
- Select the Reset Settings option. Confirm your action by clicking on the Reset button once more.
Google Chrome Reinstallation:
Maybe you are using an old version of Google Chrome. The developers launch the software or app update for a reason. The latest version always comes with improved performance and experience. So always rely on Google Chrome Latest version. Rather than finding the Chrome update or version. Uninstall current Google Chrome on your computer and download the new one.
- To do so, type “Add or Remove Program” on the Windows Cortana Search Bar.
- Click on the Open option on the right side menu.
- Scroll Down, here Windows will show the list of all programs which are installed on your PC.
- Locate the Google Chrome App and click on it. Now select the uninstall option. Click on the Uninstall option again to confirm your action.
- After Google Chrome uninstallation, open Internet Explorer and download Google Chrome Latest version from there. It will take a few seconds, install Google Chrome on your PC again.
- Sign-in with the previous account to get your all stored data back.
Now Retest the YouTube video. It is 100% sure that this time you will not face Chrome Freezing issue again. If you are facing the same issue again then you are the most unfortunate person. For the Final Solution, we recommend updating your Operating system on latest version.