Whenever we hear a word Android, the next thing comes to our mind is customization. Android is known for its maximum flexibility of customization in all departments. In android, you can customize anything you want. So the same is the case with the lock screen. The lock screen is the first thing that appears when you open your mobile.
This lock screen appears with notifications, date, time, battery percentage, etc. Locks are of different types like pattern, password, pin, etc. You can customize your lock screen in different ways. We will also share a few tips to customize the lock screen on Android.
- 1 Top 9 Tips to Customize Lock Screen on Android
- 1.1 Changing the type of lock screen
- 1.2 Disabling the lock screen
- 1.3 Different Wallpapers of the Home screen and Lock screen
- 1.4 Showing messages on the lock screen
- 1.5 Adding and switching users from the lock screen
- 1.6 Hide notification content
- 1.7 Automatically unlocking the device
- 1.8 Customization of lock screen with third-party apps
- 1.9 Additional tips for Samsung users
- 2 Conclusion
Top 9 Tips to Customize Lock Screen on Android
In this post, we will discuss different tips by which you will be able to customize your lock screen. By customizing the lock screen, you can take full advantage of the lock screen in Android. Following are the tips to customize lock screen in android:
Changing the type of lock screen
As we know, phone locks are of different types i.e. pattern, password, and pin. So you can select any one of them. The latest models also have fingerprint and Face ID options. The main function of these locks is to keep your personal data safe and secure. Following are the steps to change the lock screen:
- Go to Settings>Security
- Select Screen locks and passwords.
- Then select the type of screen lock
For Samsung users,
- Go to settings>screen lock>screen lock type.
- Then select a screen lock of your choice
Other than this, few mobiles contain these type of settings
- Go to Settings>Display>Lock screen
If none of these are your mobile settings then go to the search at top of settings and look for lock screen type.
Disabling the lock screen
If you don’t like these lock screens, you can remove lock screens as well. Along with three different options of locks, next are none and swipe options. After selecting none or swipe option your phone will not have any type of security.
In swipe case, a simple swipe will open the phone for you. It means that anyone can access your phone but still it is your choice that what you opt for. To enable this option, the following are the steps:
- Go to settings
- Select Screen locks and passwords
- Then select None type of screen lock
Different Wallpapers of the Home screen and Lock screen
Normally users have the same home screen and lock screen wallpaper. Maybe they don’t know about the feature of different wallpapers or maybe they don’t notice. But android gives you the option of having a different home screen and lock screen wallpaper. For this purpose, there are two methods that you can follow. Methods are as follow:
If you are having your wallpaper photo in the gallery then you can also change lock screen wallpaper by the gallery. Steps are as follow:
- Go to the Gallery of phone
- Select the particular photo
- Then tap Set as from given options
- The final step is to select the lock screen option from the menu
- Go to Phone Settings>Display>Wallpaper
- Now select the picture that you want to display as Lock screen
- Then select Set Wallpaper
- At last select lock screen option to make it your lock screen wallpaper only
In some phones, wallpaper option comes directly after tapping the settings.
Showing messages on the lock screen
The option of showing messages on the lock screen seems extra sometimes. But it is really useful to those who know its importance. For example, if you forget your phone password, and start getting some important messages. If the name and message are shown to you on screen at this time, it will be a huge favor. You will be able to contact that person from some other phone or through some other source.
In another case, if your phone is lost and the person who found it, wants to return it to you. But he will be unable to contact you due to a lock. But if your messages will be visible on the lock screen, you can send him your password. For enabling this feature, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings>Display>Lock screen display
- Then tap Lock screen message
For Samsung users, the procedure is a bit simpler.
- Go to Settings>Lock screen>Contact information
Adding and switching users from the lock screen
Most of the Android phones except Samsung have a multi-user option. Through this option, more than 1 user can have user accounts. In this feature, each user will have its own space. To add multiple users, you have to change the settings.
Other than this you can also add directly from the lock screen. For this, you have to select add users from the lock screen in the settings. This procedure includes the following steps:
- Go to settings>display>lock screen display>add users from lock screen
On selecting the option, you will see a user icon on lock screen. Tap on it to see or add other users.
Hide notification content
Some of the android users like to have notification alerts on the lock screen instead of unlocking the phone and then checking it. While others think that it disturbs their privacy because anyone can see notification content without unlocking the phone. Android gives both options so that the user can select the favorite option.
To hide notification you have to make changes in settings which include the following steps:
- Go to Settings>Display>Lock screen Display>Lock screen
- Then select your desired option
On Samsung phones
- Go to Settings>Lock Screen>Notifications
- Here you can flip the switch according to your choice
You can also change the notification style according to your liking or disliking.
Automatically unlocking the device
The feature we are going to discuss now is a very exciting one. This feature enables a smartphone to unlock automatically at some points. The automatically unlocking feature consists of different parameters such as on-body detection, trusted places, trusted devices, and voice match. You can choose any of them. To activate this feature, the following steps are required:
- Go to Settings>Security>Smart lock
- Enter your current lock code
- Then choose smart lock mode
On some android phones, you need to go for the following steps:
- Settings>Lock screen>Smart lock
Customization of lock screen with third-party apps
These all functions discussed above are built-in. But if you want more features other than built-in features, you can use third-party apps for this purpose. With the help third-party apps, you can add change themes and notification styles.
Other than this you can add more content on the lock screen like a newsfeed and intruder selfies. AC Display, Always On AMOLED, CM Locker, Floatify and Hi Locker are few of the best apps for this purpose.
Additional tips for Samsung users
If you are a Samsung user, you can enjoy a few additional features. For examples most of the time, we open lock screens just to check the time. So this cloud should look good to customer’s eyes. For this purpose, Samsung has provided you with the option of customizing the lock screen clock. You can do customization by the following steps:
- Go to Settings>Lock screen>Clock style
- Select the clock of your choice and customize its colors
Other than this, if you like information stories you can enable Lock screen stories. You will see stories with different pictures every time. To enable this feature, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings>Lock screen>Lockscreen stories
So these are Top 9 Tips to Customize Lock Screen on Android. Though after the introduction of features like fingerprint and Face ID, the use of lock screen has minimized. But still, these features are very useful.