Finally, Microsoft has decided to give us all a gift of a Chromium-based browser. The old version was not that bad but wasn’t that nifty as compared to the new one. The most annoying thing in the older version was that you were only allowed to get extensions from the Microsoft Store but nowhere else. And sometimes, those products didn’t work at all.
But now with the release of Microsoft Edge Chromium, users can enjoy using third-party extensions and enjoy even far more good services. Though, you might wanna consider changing the edge chromium new tab search engine. Because by default, it’s set to Bing. So to help you get the job done by yourself, I present to you a guide of How to Change the Search Engine in Edge Chromium. There are two different ways to complete the task, let’s see how it’s possible.
2 Ways to Change the Search Engine in Edge Chromium
The first I’ll be discussing with you, it’s pretty straight forward and can be done directly from the web browser’s settings. As for the second method, it’ll be of using a third-party extension to Change the Search Engine in Edge Chromium.
Tweaking Edge Chromium Settings
- Launch Microsoft Edge Chromium and open its settings.
- Click on “Privacy and services” from the left-side menu.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and hit “Address bar”
- Ensure that “Show me search and site suggestions using my typed characters” toggle is enabled. Now, click on the “Search engine used in the address bar” drop-down menu and select whatever search engine intrusts you.
- If you can’t locate your desired search engine, just navigate to “Manage search engines” and click on the “Add” button. From there, enter the URL of your desired search engine.
Getting New Tab Redirect
- From the Edge Chromium’s menu, select “Extensions”
- Look at the left-side menu, enable the toggle named “Allow extensions from other stores”
- Now visit the Chrome Store and install “New Tab Redirect” from it. (Link)
- Once installed, open the extension’s options and enter the Search engine address inside the “Redirect URL” bar.
- Afterward, click on the save button and relaunch Edge Chromium.
That’s all, thanks for visiting ATechGuides.