If you are unfamiliar with “How To Fix Chrome Send to Your Devices Not Working”, then you are in the right spot. Here, I’ll tell you about five solutions to this particular issue. Because the Chrome Send to Your Devices is a feature used mostly by professionals, it’s error can be really annoying.
What is Chrome Send to Your Devices?
Chrome Send to Your Devices is a facility provided for users who wish to import or export Chrome tabs between two devices. With it, users can either transfer one bookmark data or decide to send all of the saved bookmarks from one device to another. There is no restriction on the selection of devices. Anyone can send files from PC to smartphones or vice versa.
5 Ways To Fix Chrome Send to Your Devices Not Working
1) Ensure Connectivity
First things first, you must check whether your devices have a working internet connection. Or if both of your devices are connected to a WiFi or broadband. Because in most of the cases, users forget about connecting their devices with the internet and regret implying all the lengthy steps. The internet connectivity option is available inside the taskbar of a PC and inside the notification bar of a smartphone.
2) Update Chrome
As you know Chrome is available for all major platforms. So I’m going to talk about updating Chrome on PC and smartphone.
i. Using Computer
- Click once on the three-dotted icon and navigate to Help > About Google Chrome.
- If there’s an update available, install it and relaunch the web browser.
ii. Using Smartphone
- In case you have disabled the auto-update feature from the Google Play Store or App Store, you need to update the apps manually.
- Navigate into the available application store and open Google Chrome in it.
- If there’s an update available, install it.
3) Login To Chrome
The login process is different in PC and mobile devices.
i. On PC
It’s always good to login to Chrome because it helps you keep a record of your browsing history and sync all of your browsing data. To check the login status in chrome, navigate to its settings and under “People”, see if your account details are appearing. If not, then sign in instantly.
ii. On Android & iOS
Open any new or old tab on Google Chrome and tap once on the profile icon. There, Google will ask you to enter your Gmail account for a successful sign-in. Just enter the details and you are good to go.
4) Manage Sync
If you have disabled the Sync process, then there’s no chance you’ll be allowed to access Chrome Send to Your Devices facility. So it’s better to do a check and if it’s not enabled, turn it on to avoid future interruptions.
i. Using Windows PC or iMac
- Navigate into the Chrome settings and from the people tab, navigate to “Sync and Google Services” > Manage Sync
- Now either enable the toggle “Sync everything” or make sure that your turn on the “Open tabs” toggle.
ii. Using Mobile Phones
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile phones (Android or iOS).
- Inside the app’s settings, go to Sync and Google Services and then to Manage Sync.
- Here do the same and ensure that the “Open tabs” checkbox is selected.
5) Turn-on Chrome Notifications
Notifications also play an important role in fixing Chrome Send to Your Devices not working issue. So to check it, imply the following steps:
a. On Computers
- Open Notifications & Actions menu via the search bar.
- Locate and visit the Google Chrome app inside the notifications Window.
- Ensure that the notifications toggle is enabled.
b. On Android & iOS
- Navigate into your phone’s settings and open Apps & notifications.
- Make sure that the sharing toggle is enabled for Google Chrome.
That’s all, thanks for visiting ATechGuides.