Siri is undoubtedly the most efficient iOS assistant that iPhone users love for its incomparable good comprehension functionality. With the constant update of iOS, Siri is improving more and more with the new features implemented with each update.
Fix Siri Not Working on iPhone 6/7/8/X/XS (iOS 12 Supported)
Unfortunately, however, there are still some iPhone users who complain that Siri doesn’t work. Either it has no answer or it is hanged. Many users report these problems in different forums to find good solutions. We collect different solutions and summarize the best 8 to solve the problem that Siri does not work in this article. Stay with us until the end of this article and find the right solution for your iPhone.
1. Testify that Siri has been activated on the iPhone
Siri can be used on iPhone 4s and later, third-generation and later iPads, all models of iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini, as well as on 5th generation and later iPod touch. In other words, if you use any other iOS device, Siri will not work.
If your iOS device is in these models, you should check whether Siri is activated or not. Many iPhone users don’t know how to enable Siri on their devices. It is not difficult. You can simply press the Start button (the side button on the iPhone X) and hold to turn on Siri. In iOS 8 and later, there is a hands-free mode: “Hey Siri”, and you can easily enable it.
- Go to Settings on your device (iPhone or iPad)
- Scroll down to Siri and find and tap it.
- Enable the option “Listen for Hey Siri “.
After the previous steps, you will be asked to repeat “Hey Siri” several times and a few short sentences so that the iOS device can recognize your voice and differentiate it from strangers.
2. Restart Siri in the Settings app on iPhone
This is one of the most preferable options for solving the Siri problem that does not work in a few seconds. Basically, when certain permissions that must be granted to Siri are disabled on the iPhone by mistake, it will cause the problem that Siri does not work. Restoring settings and permissions will offer a better opportunity to resolve this issue. To perform the restore, follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and go to the menu “General”.
- In the General menu, you will find the “Siri” option. Tap on the icon and access the next screen.
- You will find an activation bar where you can activate the option to deactivate Siri. Just press that lever twice and return to the main screen to see if Siri is back to normal or not.
3. Reset the iPhone network settings
Restoring network settings if your iPhone is another very effective solution to solve Siri’s problem does not work. It is possible that the network operator creates some problems in the cellular data, which makes it difficult for Siri to understand its instructions. You can restore iPhone network settings by following these steps.
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone and click on the General option.
- Scroll down to restore and touch it.
- Select Reset Network Settings. Enter the password if required.
Remember that restoring iPhone network settings will delete all saved WiFi passwords.
4. Toggle On/Off Dictation on iPhone
Sometimes, if there is an error in the dictation process of your iPhone, Siri has difficulty understanding your instructions. At the moment, it is possible to eliminate the error to solve the problem that Siri does not work by activating or deactivating the dictation function. To perform this task, just follow these steps.
- Open the Settings app and go to the General menu.
- Scroll down to the keyboard and click on it.
- In the Keyboard menu, you will find the Dictation option. Just turn the toggle to off and press it again to activate the Dictation option.
5. Enable the “Hey Siri” option on the iPhone
To solve this Siri problem that doesn’t work on the iPhone, you need to enable the “Hey Siri” option if none of the above options work for you so far. Enabling the “Hey Siri” option will allow Siri to detect the necessary voice signal for activation. So, simply open the Settings app and go to the Siri menu where you’ll find the “Hey Siri” option. Simply enable the lever if it is disabled. Or press that button twice to turn it back on if it was already enabled.
6. Clean the iPhone microphone to get a clear voice
“Siri can’t hear me.” Some users may encounter this problem. Much of the reason is that dirt particles are attached to your iPhone’s microphone and block the transmission of your voice. In this case, it is sufficient to clean the microphone hole with a small soft brush or a hairdryer. After the deletion, go to the main screen to check if Siri is back at work.
7. Try restarting your iPhone
You can restart your iPhone to correct the Siri error that is not working. You can press the side button and the volume up button on the iPhone 8 / X to get an option to turn off the device. Drag the slider to disable it.
For iPhone6 / 7, press the top button and the volume up button to get the cursor.
Otherwise, keep pressing the power button on the device until an Apple icon appears on the screen.
8. Update the iOS version of iPhone
Most of the unknown errors in the app, including Siri that does not work, can be eliminated by updating the iOS system. Go to the Settings app and tap General, then click Software update, select Install now if the iOS version of your iPhone is not the latest one. Before updating the iOS version of your iPhone, it is advisable to back up all important data in case of loss.
Above all, there are 8 solid solutions that we summarize to help you solve the problem that Siri does not work with iPhone 6/7/8/X. They can solve most of Siri’s problems. If the methods in this article don’t work for you or you have better ones, share them in the comments section.
- How To Crop A Video With Handbrake On Windows 10
- How To Match App Tile Color With Start Menu On Windows 10
- Now You Can Force Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode On Windows 10
If you have any query feel free to drop that in the comment section and Visit ATechGuides for more information.