A Hard Reset, also known as factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All configurations, applications and data added by the user are removed. The term is often heard in reference to smartphones and tablets, but laptops and desktops, as well as most other electronic devices, can usually be restored to factory conditions.
What is a Hard reset?
A Hard Reset causes a phone to return to its original configuration and a clean operating system (operating system) that removes all data and information added to the cell phone by the mobile phone user. In essence, a full reset erases everything from the phone and causes the phone to have a new condition as if it were completely new.
How to Perform a Hard Reset
The steps involved in trying to perform a full reset will depend on the type of cell phone you have, what operating system is currently running on the mobile phone, the make and model of the phone and the installed software version. the phone.
Not all phones are Hard Reset in the same way.
For example, Android phones have many different types of hardware restarts available depending on the make and model of the phone. Most Android phones can be reset by maintaining a certain key combination, such as holding down the volume and pressing the power key for 15 to 20 seconds, then releasing those keys and then using the volume keys to navigate and highlight the Hard reset option and then use the power key to make the selection. This is useful if you forget your password or if you have a serious problem related to the software that makes your touchscreen unresponsive.
In this guide for Android we will see how to make a reset to factory mode, also called “hard reset” to the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The ” Hard reset ” or restoration of data to factory mode, we will do it when we do not have any other solution to the problem we have, some error with badly installed or uninstalled applications, we do not remember the pattern of unlocking or the password , the tablet is blocked and does not respond, etc.
A hard reset will erase all data, so before doing so, we will make a backup of all our data, documents, contacts, messages, files, tones, etc.
To do the hard reset, eye, all the data is lost.
If you don’t want to use the menus, we will do the reset with the buttons as follows:
Method 1: From Startup
- Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
- Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
- Press the “Power” and the “Volume Up” buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
- Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the “System Recovery Mode”.
- Next use “Volume Down” button to get to the “wipe data/factory reset” option When in recovery mode the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
- Once you have selected the “wipe data/factory reset”, press the “Power” button to select that option.
- On the following screen, repeatedly press the “Volume Down” button until the “Yes – delete all user data” option is what is selected.
- Then press the “Power” button to hard reset the tablet.
- If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
Method 2: From Software Menu
- With the device started, open “Apps” > “Settings“.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Select “Backup and reset“
- Tap “Factory data reset“.
- Check the “Format SD Card” option if desired. This option will erase data on the SD card data like your photos and music.
- Tap “Reset device“.
This is often the LAST resource to solve problems and a full reset is a VERY POWERFUL tool that can solve most problems related to software on a phone, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Fixing damaged software.
- Remove viruses
- Correcting faults
- Reverse unwanted configurations
- Remove bad applications
- Remove anything that has been changed or added to the phone that may or is causing it to respond or act incorrectly (a hard reset removes everything except the operating system).
Leave a comment and share this article on your social networks facebook, twitter and Google+ if it was useful, we will be very grateful.