If you’re looking for ways to simplify your communications, you may want to find the quickest way to access your Facebook account. Sure, you can bookmark Facebook in your browser, but it’s not the best solution.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a Facebook icon to your desktop so you can open it with just one click.
How to add Facebook to the desktop on Windows
Before we start, we need to explain that adding the Facebook icon means creating a shortcut on your desktop. In fact, there are two parts: adding the shortcut and adding the Facebook logo. The process is similar for all Windows desktop devices. However, if you have one of the older models, it may not be compatible with your device.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Right-click on your desktop.
- When the menu opens, click New.
- Click Shortcut.
- A new field will open and you will need to enter the location.
- Type http://www.facebook.com
- Click on Next.
- Enter the name of your shortcut (Type “Facebook”).
- Click on Finish.
You have now added a shortcut to your desktop and you can open Facebook with one click. However, as you can see, the shortcut does not have a Facebook icon. Instead, it has the generic symbol of your browser. This is not a problem. We have what you need. We will now show you how to change it in seconds!
How to change the icon
Did you know that there are many websites where you can find icons of your favorite apps? In addition, they offer various Facebook icons. All you have to do is choose the one you prefer. For example, if you don’t like the icon that Facebook is currently using, you can select an older version. In addition, you can opt for more creative and artistic designs.
Don’t worry, these websites are legal as long as you use the icon for personal purposes.
We use Icon Finder, and we’ll show you how you can do it too:
- Go to www.iconfinder.com
- On the home page, you will see the search bar.
- Type “Facebook” and click Search.
- If you want to find free icons, select “Free” at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Facebook icon you like.
- Click on the ICO sign to download it.
- Once the icon is saved, go to your desktop.
- Right-click on the Facebook shortcut you created.
- Select Properties
- Open the Web Document tab.
- Click the Change icon.
- Click on Browse.
- Find the icon you saved and click Open.
- To save the changes, click Apply.
- Here! This is one of the best ways to personalize your Facebook icon.
As you have noticed, the site offers many high-quality icons for free. However, if you need more than that, you can buy a subscription and unlock even more options. The best thing about membership is that you can download premium icon sets and customize your desktop.
In addition, you can also download icons designed by famous digital artists.
How to add a Facebook icon on Mac
When you download the Facebook app on your Mac, its icon should automatically appear on your desktop. However, this sometimes doesn’t happen, especially if you already have a lot of apps on your desktop.
Don’t worry, there is a simple way to add a Facebook icon. All you have to do is create a shortcut, and that will bring up the Facebook icon on your desktop. That’s how:
- Click Finder in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- The Finder will now show you all of your applications and folders.
- Right-click on the Facebook application.
- Click on “Create an alias”.
- The Finder will now create a copy of the Facebook application.
- Drag the Facebook icon you just created to your desktop.
Here! You can now access Facebook with just one click. Of course, you can also do this with any other application. If you have not already done so, we suggest that you drag Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or another application that you use to chat with your friends.
Make things easier
We like shortcuts because they make our lives easier. When we’re busy, even saving a few seconds can mean a lot. Especially when it comes to things we do every day, like checking our social networks. We hope we inspired you not only to add a Facebook icon, but also to organize your desktop.
What shortcuts do you have on your desktop? Which do you find most useful? Let us know in the comment section.