Instagram Stories are short snippets of photos or videos that users can share with their followers or with the public. However, these clips are short-lived and only disappear 24 hours after posting, unless the user chooses to highlight them.
With that said, we’ll show you how to download these Instagram stories on Android so that you can keep them long after they’re gone into the ether.
Use a third-party app
One of the easiest methods to download Instagram stories on Android would be to use a third-party app. These apps are designed to save other people’s stories to your Android device, and one of the most popular is Story Saver, which you can get from the Play Store and use as follows:
- Open Google Play Store and search for Story Saver.
- Install the app, then open it when you’re done.
- Log in with your Instagram account. Allow the app to import all the people you follow into your account to make them available in the app.
- On the home page, tap the icon of the person you want to download stories from.
- Choose from the stories displayed and click the down arrow to download.
You can find the app download folder by doing the following:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen next to your profile name.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Your download folder will be displayed in the menu, which currently cannot be changed.
- There is also an option to download the video cover image, and this is done by tapping the switch to the left of the menu option.
Upload via website
Another method to download Instagram stories, without using an app, would be to use a web downloader like the Story Saver page. Some of these sites are available and there are advantages to using them. The first would be that they don’t require any installation of any kind, and the second is that you don’t have to log into an Instagram account for you to use them. You can even use one of these sites even if you don’t have Instagram. The only downside is that the person you want to download stories from must have a public account.
Since these websites do not ask for any login information, they cannot access any private Instagram profiles. If that’s not a problem for you, downloading an Instagram story is as easy as typing the name of the Instagram profile, clicking download, choosing a story, and then tapping Save As. These sites are easily accessed through an Android phone just like you would with a PC.
Archive your stories
Instagram saves your stories to the default file. This feature ensures that you still have access to the stories you post even after the 24 hour expiration period. You can access the file settings as follows:
- Go to your profile, then tap the Menu button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap Privacy.
- From the Interactions menu, tap History.
- Scroll down to Save and enable or disable Save to file, depending on your preference.
Deleting one of your archived stories is also a simple matter. Just go to your profile and swipe your finger to the left. Choose File from the menu. This will show you a list of stories that are already in your archive. From here, you can tap on a story you want to delete by choosing that option from the menu.
Also see: How To Fake Your Location In WhatsApp
It’s worth keeping some Instagram stories for much longer than the expiring 24 hours. Storing them on your own device ensures you don’t lose them if the poster never bothers to showcase your stories.
Do you know of other ways to download Instagram stories on Android? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.