The checkra1n jailbreak is a serious deal for various reasons. Right off the bat, it’s good with iOS 13 and furthermore, it won’t get obstructed by Apple because it depends on the checkm8 abuse. That is all acceptable stuff, yet there’s a drawback. Because checkra1n is a fastened jailbreak, it needs you to re-jailbreak each time your device restarts. And that is nothing more than a bad memory if you don’t have a PC close by.
However, wouldn’t it be useful to have the option to jailbreak an iPhone using, state, something much littler than a PC? Something that you could fit in your pocket, perhaps – like an Android phone. All things considered, turns out, you can.
The full directions on how to get this going can be found over on Reddit, and while it is anything but an especially convoluted procedure to follow, it is a genuinely extensive one. You’ll likewise require an Android device to which you have root get to, so that may be a hindrance for a few. In any case, if that isn’t sufficient to put you off you can completely use an Android device to jailbreak an iPhone.
Make certain to check Reddit for the full subtleties on what’s required and how to approach playing out the jailbreak. There’s a short video showing the real jailbreak occurring, too.
If you do choose to check out this, let us know how you jump on in the remarks!
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Android
- An iDevice perfect with checkra1n.
- An Android device with root access.
- A terminal app on your Android device, for instance, Termux.
- A way to connect your two devices. Specifically, a portion of the Apple USB-C to Lightning links cannot be used to place iDevices in DFU mode because of missing pins. Use an Exsys EX-47990 USB-C to USB-A connector and the Apple USB-A to Lightning link.
- Download the checkra1n parallel for Linux and the right µarch of your Android device.
- Put it in a directory where execution is permitted, I used/information yet the Termux virtual storage might be a cleaner arrangement.
- Connect your iDevice to it.
- Open the terminal app and addition root get to.
- Watch that your iDevice is perceived.
- The USB ID ought to be 05ac:12a8.
- Put your iDevice in DFU mode.
- Watch that your iDevice is as yet perceived.
- Now the USB ID ought to be 05ac:1227. If it’s never again recorded attempt to unplug the USB-C link from the Android device and attach it again.
- Run checkra1n in CLI mode.
./checkra1n - c
- Benefit! (or on the other hand likely, attempt again since it’s not entirely solid)