Your smartphone is probably the main way to play most games, even if you have a console at home. It’s easy to charge a quick run when you’re on the bus or coming home on a road trip, or even when lounging around the house. While there are many RPGs and deep-action games that can deliver a lot of gaming experience, most people focus their mobile energies on games that require a little less attention.
Very popular, Candy Crush is one of the most famous mobile games ever released. The game is extremely successful and profitable, offering players a huge waste of time wherever they are. There are thousands of levels to break and countless rewards and gold bars to collect. But what to do when you buy a new phone?
Fortunately, saving your progress and continuing on the new phone is very simple. Let’s see how to transfer your saved data to your new device.
Via Facebook and Kingdom
This is the official method for moving your progress from one phone to another. For this to work, you will need to have an account registered with King.com or have an active Candy Crush account on Facebook.
This method works for iOS and Android devices and does not involve installing third-party applications or using your PC or Mac, so everyone should be able to load their
- Start Candy Crush on your old phone.
- Save the progress of your game and connect to Kingdom or Facebook. In this way, you will synchronize your progress with the game servers.
- Install Candy Crush on the new phone. iPhone and iPad users download from the App Store. Android users, install from Google Play.
- Start the game on the new device.
- Log into your king.com or Facebook account.
As your level progresses, all of your gold bars should be transferred to your new phone. They are regularly synchronized with the game servers and are available on all your devices. If you don’t see your gold bars on the new phone, be sure to contact the developer here.
This method does not allow you to transfer your extra moves, extra lives, and power-ups to your new devices as they are not synchronized with the game servers. Instead, they are stored locally on your phone. If you still have access to the old phone, you can play Candy Crush there and use all the buffs and movements recorded.
What happens when you get a new Facebook account?
The most common way to save the progress of your mobile game is to use your Facebook account. It’s the easiest way to save progress as you just need to log into your existing Facebook account and allow access to Candy Crush. If you have changed or no longer have a Facebook account, all hope is not lost.
Fortunately, the Candy Crush support team can add their progress manually according to king.com. Just fill out the help form to start the process. For those considering deleting their account, it’s probably a good idea to take a few screenshots of your game progress for use in the event of a dispute.
- Open Candy Crush and log in with your new Facebook or King account.
- Tap the configuration tooth in the lower-left corner.
- Touch the “?” Located at the bottom of the context menu.
- Choose a subject or enter one in the search bar.
- Email Candy Crush support.
- Assuming you still have information on your old account, it shouldn’t be a problem to get your progress back, but it can take a while.
Via third-party applications
Transferring your game progress via your Facebook and king.com accounts is the quickest and easiest way. However, if you cannot log into your accounts, you can still keep your progress. To do this, you will need to use transfer management applications and your computer. Let’s see how to transfer your Candy Crush progress with third-party applications.
CopyTrans is designed for iPhone and iPad users who change devices and want to keep their Candy Crush progress intact. Before you start, download and install CopyTrans on your computer.
- At the time of writing, CopyTrans is only available for Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. Here’s how it works.
- Start CopyTrans on your computer.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- You should see all of your applications and games in the main application window. They will be grouped on the left side. Click on Candy Crush to select it.
- Click the “Save Application” button at the top of the list.
- Then find the location where you want to save your Candy Crush backup.
- Click on the “OK” button. Candy Crush will be saved to your computer in an .IPA file.
- Exit the application and disconnect the old phone.
- Restart the app and connect the new phone.
Find the .IPA file you previously saved and drag it to the main application window. The entire game, along with your process, will be installed on your new phone
The ClockwordMod Helium app is designed for Android users who want to transfer apps and files from one device to another. You can also use it to move Candy Crush between your phones. Install the app on both phones. In addition, you will need to install the Helium Desktop application on your computer. With the requirements out of the way, here’s how to transfer your progress from Candy Crush to your new phone:
- Launch the Helium app on your old phone.
- Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Start the Helium Desktop application. The applications will connect and you will see a pop-up window on your computer screen informing you that the application has been activated on your Android.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Launch the Helium application on your phone and select the “PC download” option.
This will bring you to the Helium server screen.
- Start the web browser on your PC and navigate to the same address.
- On your phone, uncheck the “Backup application data” option and select Candy Crush.
- Press the “Start backup” button. This will save a .zip file containing Candy Crush to your computer.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 with the new phone.
- Then select the “Restore” option on your new phone and navigate to the previously saved archive file. This will transfer Candy Crush to your new phone.
Continue the game
With the methods described in this tutorial, you will crush the candies again in no time. Choose the right method for you and continue the fun.