Samsung’s Xcover lineup is gone for customers who favor the ultra-rugged aspect of a smartphone instead of technical specifications. The South Korean company normally launched a new Xcover smartphone every two years or so, which implies that we’ll be getting a new one this year as well.
Since the Xcover 3 made its debut on the market back in 2015, while the Xcover 4 was propelled in 2017, it bodes well for Samsung to release the Xcover 5 this year, except the smartphone manufacturer intends to cuts the whole lineup from its offering.
Well, that’s not going to be the situation since the folks at GalaxyClub have spotted the unannounced device at a Dutch retailer. The new smartphone will not be called Xcover 5, yet Xcover 4S, which implies that it’s not going to be a major redesign over the past model launch two years back.
As per the posting, the Galaxy Xcover 4S will cost €250, a cost meant for a mid-range handset instead of a top-of-the-line device. No pictures or details regarding the phone’s technical specs have been published by the Dutch retailer, yet we have a launch time allotment, the principal week of June.
It’s not the first event that we hear regarding another ultra-rugged smartphone coming from Samsung, yet this is the nearest thing to an affirmation that we’ve got. Obviously, the Galaxy Xcover 4S will pack with Android 9.0 Pie on board and will pack 3GB RAM, however, this as all we have about the upcoming phone specs-wise.
- Trump’s explanation of why he blocked Huawei from the U.S. Supply Chain
- Samsung will provide OLED displays for 16-inch MacBook Pro, Upcoming iPad Pros
- Update is coming soon to improve a disappointing feature in OnePlus 7 Pro
- Rugged phone
- Thick body (0.39 inches)
- Too little RAM
- Low pixel density screen (207 ppi)
- Display size: 4.5 inches
- Resolution: 800 pixels
- Pixel Density: 207 ppi
- Screen: TFT
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 61.89 %
- Features: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Rear: Single-camera
- Front: 5 megapixels
- Autofocus, CMOS image sensor
- Flash: LED
- Video recording: 1280×720 (HD) (30 fps)
- Front:2 megapixels
- Dimensions:5.23 x 2.76 x 0.39 inches (132.9 x 70.1 x 9.95 mm)
- Weight:5.43 oz (154 g)
- Resistance: Water, Dust, Shock, Vibration, Temperature
- IP 67