Today we will be talking about the iTunes. This will not be a comparison article but it will be a guide that will explain you the Best iTunes alternatives along with their highlighted features that will surely help you out to find out the Best iTunes Alternatives available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
For a huge number of users iTunes is the very first and last choice to synchronize their audio and video content in a very organized manner and that definitely comes to personal liking for everyone.
According to many people, iTunes cannot be considered a go to software because of many reasons and for that there are a huge number of iTunes Alternatives available and the best thing about them is that you can use them for free.
10 Best iTunes Alternatives for Windows, Mac, Linux
Below mentioned list will surely help you out to find out the best iTunes alternative that you can choose for Windows, Mac and Linux.
So here we go.
MacX MediaTrans – Editors’ Choice
Our very first pick for today is MacX MediaTrans and without any doubt this alternative being in top of the list as it is full of amazing features that can be considered as a good replacement for iTunes by providing more as compare to the other alternatives of iTunes available.
For a very long period of time, iTunes were creating a problem when we try to remove the feature of fan favorite. So, if you wondering to find out the alternative that somehow provides the same features as iTunes provides then my friend you are at the right place.
Things you can do with MacX Media Trans:
- You can create a backup of your photos.
- You can easily manage your complete music library.
- You can transfer videos from one device to another and vice versa.
- You can encrypt the files and organize books in an orderly manner.
- You can use your phone as a flash drive as well. (This will only work if same software is being installed on both systems).
It provides an amazing set of features that you will surely love.
It is the finest alternative available to iTunes.
Menus without cluttering.
Only for Mac OS.
Another competitor making to the top is MusicBee. It is more of a tool than a music player as it is providing you the features to create and organize your music library in a much better way.
The most amazing thing about this alternative that you will notice is that it will save your precious time by importing all your music collection by providing you flexibility to specify where you want to add these files and in which folders as well.
If we talk about the user interface, it is quite straight forward and also providing you the features to make customization for the screen layout by selecting the skin that you like from a number of different skin options.
Things you can do with MusicBee:
- You can access the music the way you like.
- You can easily make the changes for the interface to look good.
- You can import the music library from iTunes.
- You can adjust your music with 50 band equalizers as well.
Provides amazing customization options.
You can label the tracks as well for easy access.
Easy to use interface.
Only for Windows.
Keep one thing in mind that that on low end systems, you will notice performance lacking. But if we talk about MediaTrans you will have a quite opposite experience.
The user interface is quite perfect. To use WinX MediaTrans, you done need to have iTunes already installed on your system just install WinX and enjoy right away.
Things you can do with WinX MediaTrans:
- Easily transfer audio, video and music files to Windows from your iPhone.
- You can also have the features of Free Ringtone Maker and Video Converter that you can use for free.
- It comes with many iOS files that you can transfer on a daily basis.
If you want to transfer the unlimited files then this is the best fit for you.
You can make synchronization between your music and other files without iTunes already installed on your computer.
Easy to use interface.
Pre-loaded Free Ringtone Maker and Video Converter.
Provides great performance as compare to other in the list.
Only for Windows.
Are you looking for an alternative that provides a wide platform support? Then Clementine is the one for you with tons of features such as Advanced Tagging, Mobile Devices Support, although this is not the most attractive music player available but surely a lot of things that can do the work for you for free.
If we ignore the fact that this is the least attractive design then this can easily replace your iTunes by providing several things to consider such as support for ripping, library management and copying music to many other supported devices so if you are fine with the interface then this can be a good alternative for you.
Things you can do with Clementine:
- You can easily search and play the music library.
- You can discover and also download the podcast.
- You can copy music to other devices as well.
For Windows, Mac and Linux.
Provides support for many devices.
Allows you to listen to radio, podcast and much more.
You can also stream the music using the cloud storage as well.
Unattractive user interface.
Another good iTunes alternative that you will surely love. When you use Foobar200 for the very first time you might not be very much impressed by the design but after using sometime you will have the real fun.
It is specially created for those users who really enjoy the customization of the interface to it maximum level but apart from this, you will notice a lot of other features as well that you will definitely love when you will start using this application.
Things you can do with Foobar2000:
- You can easily customize the user interface.
- It also provides support for ripping and also transcoding the supported formats for audio.
- Keyboard shortcuts with easy customization.
- Provides tagging options at advanced level.
Many plugins options for anything.
A huge range for audio formats.
For the very first time it might seem very basic.
If you like to keep things simple then this is the best option for you. PodTrans will provide you an extremely good experience of software. This simple design will allow you to copy the music files from your phone to other supported devices easily.
PodTrans will be an amazing replacement for your iTunes and if you want advanced features you can got to its paid version as well. If you are fine to pay some amount that this is the best option for you to go with. If not then are many other options in the list.
Things you can do with PodTrans:
- You can transfer the music file from your phone to other devices in an easy manner.
- Easy management through drag-and-drop options.
- Simple and straight forward interface.
Quite simple design.
Easy to comprehend interface.
Simple ways to manage your music.
More flexibility with paid version.
One more tool that is specifically created to decrease your dependency on iTunes. MediaMonkey can easily bring your audio and video collection together at one place. You can easily find the information regarding the missing tracks. Apart from that this will also add the album art. It also provides the feature to support the FLAC audio files which others in the list do not provide.
Things you can do with MediaMonkey:
- You can easily organize your music files and customize the tags as well.
- You can manage up to 50,000 plus files.
- You can create the playlist and mix the music easily and quickly.
- Easily synchronize with many other supported devices as well.
Easy erasing the duplicate files.
Supports FLAC audio format files.
Only for Windows.
Additional features with paid version.
If you want easy synchronization for your content then it will be a good option for you. You will find every feature that you may require to manage your music easily.
Media transfer is not the only thing that you will find in SynciOS, as there are a lot of other things as well such as backing up the device content and synchronization options for wallpapers, ringtones, music, videos, photos and much more.
Things you can do with SynciOS:
- You can easily manage your media by synchronizing your phone to the computer.
- You can easily transfer the files from your phone to computer and vice versa.
- You can easily create ringtones for you as well.
- You can remove the cache as well with just one click.
Easy backup of your content.
You can synchronize almost anything.
No paid version available.
Only for Windows.
It will not be wrong to say that it is more of a Social Network than Media Management Tool. Tomahawk is filled a lot of features that you will notice and are much to go for this alternative.
The one thing that is standing out is the compatibility for wide range. It also provides support for a total number of four OS and the most surprising thing is there is no iOS version available.
Things you can do with Tomahawk:
- You can easily link your videos to many streaming services online.
- It also enables plugins to several things of your liking.
- Social plugins are also available that you use to connect to your contacts directly.
- You can also browse to the charts directly.
Everything at one place.
Many online streaming services support.
For Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
Paid version for more advanced features.
No support available for iOS.
Another alternative with a lot of things to go for. DoubleTwist will provide synchronization for your music library until you have active internet connection.
It we really want to have everything in a single place then this is the alternative you must go for.
Things you can do with DoubleTwist:
- It supports synchronization for all type of Android devices.
- It also provides reverse synchronization to iTunes.
- Options available for bypass transcoding as well.
For Mac, Windows and Android.
Reliable software for Mac and Android users.
No support available for iOS.
For more advanced feature, go for the paid version.
And here the list ends. I tried my best to include those alternative programs that can fulfill your requirements and work as the best alternative to your iTunes.
All these alternatives have something unique to provide. If you just want to play something or replace the iTunes completely, you will definitely find the one that will do this for you.
If you want to ditch iTunes and looking for an alternative which provides the same kind of features than you must check this post thoroughly as I am pretty sure you will the one for you at the end of this article.
That’s it. And lastly don’t forget to mention your thoughts in comment section as well.