Today we are going to talk to you about WhatsApp Web (Add New Contacts to WhatsApp Using WhatsApp Web), and we will explain what it is, how it is used and what are the differences that separate it from the mobile client of the messaging application. Because although they are customers created for the same service, there are some important differences between them.
We could say for example that it gives the feeling that WhatsApp does not want you to use in your browser more functions than chat, leaving out of play some important that would have made him enter the league of applications such as Skype. We will show you these differences in a clear way in a comparative table.
What’s exactly WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is a method with which you can access the application from your browser. It is an official service of the app, so you have the assurance that all the functions will be controlled by the same company responsible for the messaging application.
However, we cannot say that it is a web client since the connection to WhatsApp is not done through the website, but this page is connected to your mobile and through it access to the service. In this way, all conversations and images that you manage are downloaded from the server and loaded on the web directly from your mobile phone.
This means that if you do not have your mobile nearby, you will not be able to use WhatsApp Web. In the same way, if the mobile is turned off or the application fails in it, you will see an error in the web page. This, in theory, gives a layer of security since no one can enter your WhatsApp from your computer, but it makes the “client” something a little more annoying to use.
How to configure WhatsApp Web?
Using WhatsApp Web is relatively simple. The first thing you have to do is enter web.whatsapp.com, which is the main page of the service. When you do, an access QR code will appear that you will have to scan with the mobile version of the service.
To do so, open the WhatsApp application on your mobile. When you do, you will go directly to the Chats category, and there at the top right, you will see a three-point icon with which to display the options menu. In it, choose the option called WhatsApp Web.
When you do it you will get a kind of crosshair by scanning through the back camera of your mobile. What you have to do is a point to the QR code of the web with the camera, and automatically the WhatsApp web client will be synchronized with the application you have on your mobile device.
From this moment you will see exactly the same conversations that you have on your mobile, and you will be able to interact with your friends without any problem. Everything you write on the web you will see later on your mobile since both services will be synchronized.
Up here you have a box in which we compare one by one which is the WhatsApp features that are not present in their version for browsers. As you can see most of them are, although there are some important ones that are missing and quite limited what could be a much more complete client.
Even so, the main functions of chat are there, and you will have the whole repertoire of WhatsApp emoji’s as well as its search engine so you can send animated GIFs to your contacts. You can also send voice messages in case you do not feel like writing.
The first differences begin to appear when sharing elements in the chats. If you click on the icon of the clip, only the most basic options will appear, such as sending photographs, taking a photo with the webcam and sending it, sharing a document or sharing one of the contacts. However, when sending photos, the option to add filters is missing.
But there are two options that are missing. The first is to be able to share contacts with a user, although you can access your contact list to start a new conversation. There is also the recorder function, a kind of advanced voice messages in which you do not need to keep pressing the button to record and you can create messages of up to fifteen minutes.
Two other functions that are currently not available in the web version are the calls. WhatsApp Web does not allow you to make voice calls, and you cannot use the video call function either. And it’s a shame, because having a webcam computer, videoconferences could be very useful.
Finally, WhatsApp Web is limited to conversations, so the entire system of states is left out. If you want to use WhatsApp as if it were Snapchat you will have to do it from your mobile because today in the web client you do not have that option.
In any case, as you see in the table, the vast majority of options offered by WhatsApp are also in your web client. It will be necessary to see if when they are adding new things they also take it directly to the web or it is necessary to add another No to our table.
Add New Contacts to WhatsApp Using WhatsApp Web:
Here you can see an alternative of how to add your contacts to WhatsApp. This option is valid for WhatsApp for PC but in general lines, it will also be valid for WhatsApp in Android, so let’s see how to add our contacts to WhatsApp.
- As a first step, we must install the Dropbox.
- Well, we can click on the blue magnifying glass to look for the application, when we click on it, a window will open in which we will write dropbox and click on the find button.
- Next, a list will appear in which we will see in the first position to Dropbox with a logo of a blue box, of we give click to the button install and will begin its download and installation
- After having installed the Dropbox in our Android emulator, the next step is to enter our Gmail account, from there we will look for our contacts
- Once inside our contacts, we look for the option more and we click on export
- Next, we will see the following box where we select all contacts and the third option called Format vCard
- Then click on the export button and save it in a folder that makes it easy to find the file, at this point we have the file with our contact list so we proceed to upload the file to our Dropbox if in the process of creating our Dropbox account we install the Dropbox on our computer and it’s just a matter of copying the file to the Dropbox folder if we do not install it. Let’s go to the dropbox webpage and start the section with the email and password that we use to open the Dropbox account. inside we proceed to upload the file by clicking on the page icon with a blue arrow that indicates as above, then we click the blue button entitled select files and search the file and double-click, so we will have the file of our contacts in Dropbox and continue to the next step
- Already for this then we go to our Android emulator and start the Dropbox
- Then locate the file that contains our contact list and look to the right side of this file a light blue color in a circle and click will open a menu where the last option is called export when we locate it click. When clicking on export, the option to export this file will appear and we will give WhatsApp
- Already being inside the WhatsApp in the upper right corner we see the pencil icon and there we find all our contacts.