The Android industry has grown vigorously. There was a time when the only smartphones in the market were iPhones. But thanks to Google, the tech giant decided to give us a gift of technology. Yes, the Android OS is a huge increment in the development of the tech world.
Take an example of apps like Facebook, Twitter & Gmail. People use to access these platforms only on their web browsers. So these apps brought a lot of ease to every smartphone user. But to tell you the truth, an accessive amount of ease can also be a curse for all of us.
For instance, the In-App browser feature that’s available in each of the famous apps. Users do want to decrease human effort and time, but what also they want is a safe environment while surfing the internet. That’s why I’ve drafted a guide of How To Disable In-App Browser on Android. It’s an easy task, but only if you are guided right.
Why Disable In-App Browser on Android?
There is no doubt that In-App Browser has brought a lot of ease to the Android users. Because it allows them to open a link inside the app’s browser, which results in more time spent on the app. Most apps have developed this feature just to increase a user’s screentime on this specific app. But you can also check the screen time as well as decide to disable the In-App Browser on your Android device.
Also, whenever you open a link in a specific app, it can lead you to an insecure internet world. Resulting in, your social or email account can be hacked by cybercriminals. Moreover, the In-Browsers are not as fully-featured as compared to other web browsers for Android.
Turn off In-App Browser on Android
We are going to talk about turning off the In-App browsers of some famous apps. The settings of other apps are not much different from the ones I’ve drafted in the guide below. But keep in mind, that there’s no Bulk-in possible way of disabling In-App Browser. So you have to do it individually, by navigating into an app’s settings one-by-one.
- Open the Facebook app and tap on three horizontal lines icon.
- Expand the “Security & Privacy” tab and select “Settings”.
- Swipe down a little and tap once on “Media and Contacts”.
- Now tap once on “Links Open Externally” to enable its toggle.
- That’s it, now Facebook browser will be disabled.
- Inside Gmail App, hit the menu icon.
- From the left-side menu bar, select “Settings”.
- Open “General Settings”.
- Now to disable the In-App browser, tap once on the checkbox of “Open web links in Gmail” and you are good to go.
- From the Google App interface, tap on the three-dotted More icon.
- Navigate into “Settings”.
- Go to the General tab (this will open the app customization page).
- Disable the toggle “Open web pages in the app”.
- This turn’s off the In-App Browser facility.
That’s all, thanks for visiting ATechGuides.