Seems like there’s a competition between Android & iOS smartphones. First, Apple decided to add new features in the iMessage app on iOS 13. Now the tech giant Google himself decided to add new RCS messaging service in the Android devices. With this new generation of messaging app, many of the users have decided to shift from iOS to Android OS.
To be honest, RCS messaging beta was first introduced in 2018. So after some time, Google decided to provide us with the full version of this fascinating communication facility. So I’m here to help you benefit yourself from this newly arranged Android facility. Here, I’ve drafted a guide about How To Enable RCS Messaging on Android. Stay tuned and don’t forget to learn greater things about the app.
What’s RCS Messaging on Android?
RCS (Rich Communications Services) are provided specifically for Android users who are tired of using the lame messages app. Because here in this app, users are provided with services like online messenger apps. But it can be used as an offline and online messenger. While your device is connected with 4G or 5G, you are allowed to use this app to send any attachments or files from your Android phone.
- It allows a user to send media files over the internet.
- Best for users who use Gboard.
- A good alternative to apps like Facebook Messenger & WhatsApp.
- Map sharing is also allowed.
- You can send an SMS with 8000 Characters.
- For now, the app is facing difficulty in providing privacy services to its users. There are no end-to-end encryption of chats.
How To Enable RCS Messaging on Android
Now, it’s very easy to enable RCS Messaging on Android. All you have to do is follow the steps I’ve drafted for you.
- If you are unable to discover the Google Messages app, then first you need to install it from here. After installing the app, launch it on your Android phone.
- After launching the app, you’ll be asked to use Messages as your default app. You can skip this part, but if you want to use RCS Messaging on Android, then tap on “Set as default”. And confirm your action by disabling the built-in phone app’s services (Just tap on “Yes”).
- Now tap on the OK button and then hit the hamburger icon from the top taskbar.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings”
- Inside Settings, select “Chat Features”
- Tap once on “Enable Chat features” toggle. When it turns blue, wait for a while.
- When the RCS Messaging is enabled, a connection status will start to appear right-above the toggle you just enabled.
That’s all, thanks for visiting ATechGuides.