The Facebook search history log keeps track of all the searches you have done on the platform. Clearing this and your activity log regularly is a great way to ensure that your privacy is protected, even if you have unauthorized connections. To do this, we’ll show you how you can delete your Facebook search history, among other options in your account activity log.
Delete search history
Facebook search history information is hidden behind various menus which are not really obvious. Facebook’s algorithm uses your search history to better match the results each time you search for something. If you regularly search for familiar terms, the search results will be displayed first if you search for them frequently. However, if you want to delete your search history, you can follow these steps:
1. If you use the classic Facebook theme
- On the main page, click on your profile icon to open the profile page.
- Click on the activity log at the top and inside of your cover photo.
- On the Activity Log page, see the menu on the left. If you can’t find your search history, click More to show the hidden options.
- Click Search History to view all of your saved searches.
- Scrolling up and down will show you all of your existing search histories by date. You can delete them individually by choosing a search, clicking the Edit button at the far right of the bar, and then selecting Delete.
- You will be asked if you want to delete the search, click on Delete search to accept.
If you want to delete your entire search history, click Clear searches at the top of the history menu.
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to delete all of your searches. Click Clear Searches to confirm.
2. If you are using the new Facebook theme
- Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the page (near your profile).
- Choose the activity log.
- Search for Search History in the left menu. If you can’t find it, click More.
Other activity log entries
The activity log, as its title suggests, contains logs of all of your Facebook activity. Unless you delete your records regularly, you will probably find here publications dating from the creation of your Facebook page. There is currently no way to delete your entire activity log, although you can do it individually if you really want to. This is done by choosing a particular entry in the registry, clicking the Edit button on the far right, and choosing to allow it on the timeline, keep it hidden from the timeline or delete it entirely.
Also see: How To Change Your Eye Color In TikTok
Some of the most interesting lists of activities that you may want to explore, whether it’s revising posts to delete them or just browsing the memory of things you published years ago, are:
- Posts: Include all of your previous posts, other people’s posts on your timeline, posts that mention or tagged it, and posts that have been hidden from your timeline but still saved to your history. activities. If you’ve been on Facebook for a long time and are a frequent user, this will be a very long list.
- Photos and Videos – These are the images and clips you have published, tagged, or featured on your albums. It will be the perfect place to find old photos and videos that you may have lost due to the weather. If you upload regularly to Facebook, most of the time, they will probably still be there. It is a good idea to once again give this record a good chance, just to make sure it doesn’t have photos of your college days yet.
- Security and connection information: not as complete as other logs, the security and connection information page contains a record of the devices connected to your account.
This can be a way to find out if others have accessed your account without your knowledge. However, the registry does not go back too far and some of them only list the IP addresses of the connected devices. However, if you suspect a hacking attempt, looking for clues here is a good start.