Like most online apps, Snapchat tracks your location and uses this information to improve its highlights and administrations.
However, as more individuals become worried about their security when using web-based life apps, it’s justifiable to not need Snapchat to follow your location. Regardless of whether it’s not using the information perniciously, you may not be OK with an app tracking everything you might do.
In this article, I’ll show you how to hide your location from Snapchat totally and how to deceive the app into thinking that you’re elsewhere.
Turning off Location Sharing
Turning off your location settings is extremely straightforward. To begin with, dispatch the Snapchat app on your device.
Once the app is open, follow these steps to kill location sharing:
- Go to Camera, Friends, or Discover.
- Tap the magnifying glass symbol.
- Tap Map.
Once on the Map screen, you’ll need to get to your settings by tapping on the machine gear-piece symbol. Now, you can make a few changes in accordance with better ensure your security.
There are three essential settings:
- My Friends – Your Snapchat companions can see your location when you are using the app.
- My Friends, Except… – Your companions can see you yet for a not many that you explicitly bar.
- Just These Friends – Choose the select “inner hover” of companions that can see where you are.
- Ghost Mode – Keep your location a mystery. No one but you can see it on the guide.
Select “Phantom Mode” and pick how long you need to remain covered up. You can choose either three hours, a day, or until you turn off the component physically. Pick whichever setting works for you.
How to Change Your Location in Snapchat
With the goal that’s how to stop Snapchat from keeping track of your location, yet how would you be able to convince the app that you’re someplace that you aren’t?
All things considered, there’s no immediate method to do it within the Snapchat app itself. Snapchat needs everybody to speak the truth about their locations. So in request to do this, you have to get inventive.
Fake GPS Apps for Android
For this article, we’re using the Fake GPS Location app from the Play Store. There are a few choices accessible, however, this app is free and solid.
Next, you have to empower developer settings on your Android phone. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone
- Tap System
- Tap About Phone.
- Tap Software Info
- Tap Build Number multiple times rapidly.
- Enter your phone’s lock code when prompted.
- You now approach the Developer Mode settings page under Settings->System->Developer Options.
- Toggle Developer on if it didn’t turn itself on automatically and you’re all set.
Now, you have to advise your phone to use the Fake GPS Location app as its GPS device.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on System.
- Tap on Developer Options.
- Look down to Select a false location app and tap on it.
- Select the Fake GPS app.
Changing the location for Snapchat is extremely straightforward in the wake of installing Fake GPS. Simply open the Fake GPS Location app and move the guide to any place you need to appear to be. Hit the Play button and your phone now trusts you to be any place you have explored to on the guide.
It’s anything but difficult to check this – open Snapchat and see where your symbol is situated on the guide. You ought to be the place Fake GPS Location thinks you are.
As we find out increasingly more about how web-based life organizations are collecting and handling our private information, it’s normal for users to be more worried than at any time in recent memory about their protection.
For users like this, the possibility that Snapchat tracks everything you might do may be somewhat unnerving. If this seems like you, simply follow the steps outlined above to control, turn off, or spoof your location sharing on Snapchat.
Know some other simple approaches to spoof your location? Tell us in the remarks!