Suppose you have wifi tablet that does not provide the feature of SIM cards and you are in that case where you want to make a call and for that buying a new phone just to say hi to one of your family members does not seem a good solution. After all, it is 2019 and there must be a better way, right? And yes, there is. You can make calls without SIM card with the help of Hangouts from Google, you can easily make Wi-Fi calls to the U.S and Canada in a matter of seconds.
Why pay for domestic calling when you can make Wi-Fi calls to the U.S and Canada as mentioned above. You just need the Hangout Dialer and you will be able to make calls through Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G but keep in mind that data rates will apply.
Make Free Wi-Fi Calls with Google Hangouts [ Without SIM Card]
You can make calls internationally and you will be charged as per the google rates. It is quite obvious that Google’s international rates are cheaper as compared to other rates of leading telecom service providers.
Below you can find the procedure to make calls using the Hangouts for Android.
Advantages of Wi-Fi Calls with Google Hangouts Dialer
- Get rid of your cellular plan
If you are one of those people who spend most of the time connected to Wi-Fi and communicate mostly through email or various instant massagers then you can consider this option and get rid of your cellular plan and only pay for data. You will still retain the ability to make phone calls even when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network and for that thanks to 3G and 4G cellular networks.
- Make international phone calls
Hangouts will let you make free calls to Canada and the U.S. from all around the world where Hangouts calling is available. The cost can vary greatly for destinations that outside of the U.S., however, it’s always far lower than the other leading telecom service providers.
- Reason to use your old device again
Smartphones and tablets age quickly, and it takes just a few years for a new and shiny device to become obsolete and completely useless. Google Hangouts can run even on rusty hardware, turning it into a convenient phone.
How to find and download Hangouts Dialer?
- You can easily find and download Hangouts dialer from the Google Play Store.
[appbox googleplay com.google.android.apps.hangoutsdialer]
- Go to the Google Play Store from your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Type Hangouts Dialer into the field.
- Tap the search button that you can see on the bottom right of your screen. It probably looks like a magnifying glass depending on your keyboard.
- Tap the result by Google Inc.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
How to make free Wi-Fi calls using the Hangouts Dialer?
- Launch the Hangouts Dialer app from your home screen or you can also do it from within the Hangouts app.
- Tap on the keypad button at the bottom of the screen. You will notice a little grid of nine dots with a tenth underneath.
- Dial the American or Canadian phone number you wish to call.
- Tap the green call button that you can see at the bottom of your screen. You will notice a green circle with a white telephone receiver in it.
- To end the call, tap on the red hang up button. You will see a red circle with a white telephone receiver in it.
How to delete call history in the Hangouts Dialer?
- Launch Google Hangouts from your home screen or you can also do it from within the Hangouts app.
- Tap the calls button if you’re not already on that screen. You will notice a white telephone receiver on the top right of your screen.
- Tap Clear recent on the upper right of your screen.
- Tap Clear in the pop-up.
Google Hangouts isn’t the only app that lets you talk to your family and friends over Wi-Fi without a SIM card. There are some other popular solutions available such as WhatsApp, GrooVe IP, Google Duo, Line, or Skype, among many others.
Their shared limitation is that you might not make a call to a real phone number – the other person has to have the same app installed on their device. For that, these apps are a perfect solution if you only need to talk to a selected group of people who can agree to use the same app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my computer, smartphone or tablet support Google Hangouts?
Hangouts work on most of the devices including Android and iPhone smartphones and Windows, Apple Computers.
2. Once I’m in a Google hangout, who can see what’s being said or shown in the hangout?
All the communication either video or audio is handled by the Google’s servers which are transmitted between your computer and Google encrypted over SSL.
3. What about my internet connection?
Google recommends at least 1 Mb/sec upstream and 1-2 Mb/sec downstream but keeps in mind that it depends on the number of people in the Hangout.
4. What are Google+ Hangouts?
Google+ Hangouts is a multiplatform application that you can use to combines instant messaging, voice calls as well as Google video calls.
You may also like:
- How To Run JioTV on Your Laptop or PC
- How To Send an Anonymous Text | 2019
- How To Turn Off & Disable Google Now
- How to Access MSN Email [ Quick Guide ]
- How To Run JioTV on Your Laptop or PC
That was a simple guide that you can use to make calls using Wi-Fi through hangouts without SIM card. I hope the guide helps your t use Hangouts and make calls to your friends and family over Wi-Fi.
If there is any query feel free to mention in the comment section and keep visiting the site for more useful and latest information.