As much we live and breathe, we use the internet. As this is the new era of advancement in technology, almost everyone uses the internet as it has become an integral part of our lives. Now we communicate through chat, audio and video calls with family and friends from all over the world hence spending the data here and there so we need to keep check our data limit unless you have an unlimited data plan on your phone.
On your phone, you usually have a service plan that limits the data you can transfer over every billing cycle. To avoid exceeding the limit you can monitor your phone or tablet.
Well, you can get rid of this with the help of data monitoring apps. These apps are very popular and used to track and monitor data usage and helps us to not exceed the data limit.
As there are several apps on the Google Play Store that you can download and ease up the task. Below you can find a list of free data monitoring apps for Android.
Best Android Apps to Monitor Internet Data Usage
1. Check Data Usage
A portable data monitoring app that keeps a track effectively, Check Data Usage is responsible for tracking how much mobile and WIFI internet data is used on your phone. It is a very interesting and useful application that you can use to manage and measure your mobile data on a daily basis.
Check Data Usage features:
- The app indicates hogging memory on your phone
- To free up the memory the app optimizes internet option
- Set Data Plan option to set your data plan easily with the app
- Set your daily limit
- The app also cleans cache and manages your RAM
- Separate tracking for real-time monitoring of Wi-Fi and cellular data
Download Check Data Usage
[appbox googleplay com.systweak.checkdatausage]
2. Traffic Monitor
One of the best data monitoring apps that you can use to track your data limit. Traffic Monitor is not only monitoring data usage but the app also allows you to do a speed test, checks the quality of the signal and provides network information.
Traffic Monitor features:
- The speed test feature shows the latency and speed of your UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi network and on a speedometer, separated into upload, download and ping speed.
- The coverage map displays the network availability that depends on your current position.
- The app also has an integrated task manager that shows all the running apps in the list and enables you to close memory consumption apps.
Download Traffic Monitor
[appbox googleplay com.radioopt.widget]
3. My Data Manager
Another data monitoring app that not only tracks your mobile data daily but it also alerts you when you exceed your data limit making it extremely useful.
My Data Manager features
- It tracks and monitors your data usage on Wi-Fi, mobile, and roaming.
- It tracks the remaining call minutes
- It tracks the number of text messages left
- It also allows you to customize alarms to avoid the coverage bills and charges.
Download My Data Manager
[appbox googleplay com.mobidia.android.mdm]
4. Data Usage Monitor
Another app with a very user-friendly interface, Data Usage Monitor is one of the best data monitoring apps for free.
Data Usage Monitor features:
- The app helps you to accurately measure your daily data traffic
- It also warns you when you are at the verge of exceeding your data limit
- The app measures the usage of data via mobile and Wi-Fi
- The results are displayed in graphs which makes it easy to analyze
- The app also keeps the history of data throughout the day
Download Data Usage Monitor
[appbox googleplay com.andcreate.app.trafficmonitor]
5. Opera Max
Opera Max is a smart data managing assistant that you can use to track your data limit. It is an amazing app that you can surely give it a try to manage your apps, shield your security and most importantly save your data.
Opera Max features
- The app not only tracks your data usage but it also provides advice on reducing the data wastage and saving your money.
- The app offers a tailored savings tool for Facebook
- It also has a compression tool to extend your time on YouTube, Instagram
- The app uses secure and encrypted connections when your phone is on public Wi-Fi to ensure that your information protected
Download Opera Max
[appbox googleplay com.opera.max.global]
6. Network Connections
Another data monitoring app which is without any doubt is one of the best data monitoring apps that you can consider to use, Network Connections is a tool to display and track the inbound and outbound connection to and from your Android device.
Network Connections features
- It shows notifications when hidden apps connect to remote servers
- The app displays detailed information for each connection – PTR (reverse resolving), Abuse RBL data, IP address, administrative information, etc.
- The app keeps the record and exports the captured data usage
Download Network Connections
[appbox googleplay com.antispycell.connmonitor]
7. Data Usage
Data Usage is a very known data usage app available for various platforms and has also basic features of Data Monitoring app such as tracking internet usage.
Data Usage features
- It monitors data usage in real-time
- The app works with any carrier and it has the ability to track overtime periods to match a user’s billing cycle
- It keeps historical usage reports
- The app set thresholds and receive relevant notifications for exceeded limits.
Download Data Usage
[appbox googleplay com.sigterm]
Also Read: 22 Free And Best Android Apps For 2019
8. 3G Watchdog
Another app with best to offer, 3G Watchdog works effectively to monitors your mobile and Wi-Fi internet usage.
3G Watchdog features
- It counts your Mobile (3G / 4G / Edge / GPRS) & Wi-Fi usage
- The app display results in graphs, table, and text.
- It displays your current usage status as a notification icon (red, green, orange) in the status bar
- The app allows you to get the historical data for the plan
Download 3G Watchdog
[appbox googleplay net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog]
Another amazing app that promises to safeguard you from your huge data bills. Onavo is an app that you must give it a try it will surely not disappoint you.
- The app not only monitors but it also controls the usage of your mobile data
- The app is easy to set up and its interface is quite easy to interface
- It also includes the automatic blocking feature
- It provides notification about various apps that are consuming most of the data
Note: Currently not available on the Google Play Store. Download from any other source.
10. Internet Speed Meter Lite
Last but not the least, Internet Speed Meter Lite is an amazing app that is used to display the internet speed in the status bar other than that it also shows the amount of data used in the notification panel.
Internet Speed Meter Lite features
- The app monitors your traffic data for the last 30 days
- It keeps a track on Mobile network and Wi-Fi network separately
- In the status bar and also through notifications, displays the real-time speed change
- The app doesn’t consume much battery
Download Internet Speed Meter Lite
[appbox googleplay com.internet.speed.meter.lite]
That was the list guys. These are the free data monitoring apps that you can use to keep track of your internet usage. I hope this article helps you to find out the best app for your android phone to keep track of your phone’s data usage.
Don’t forget to mention your thoughts in the comment section.
For more information: Visit ATechGuides