There is no denying that the Internet plays an important role in today’s human life. In the recent scenario, life cannot be imagined without the Internet connection in the computer system or smartphone. You can perform all types of work and activities with the help of the Internet, as the connection has managed to unite the different corners of the world.
Whatever the domain of life, everyone needs an Internet connection on their smartphone or computer system. Students need it to access effective study materials and follow online tutorials. The group of young people needs it to meet the deadlines of their office and other jobs. We all need it for endless entertainment in the form of music, games, videos and more. Because of the importance of the Internet connection, the pleasures of its services cannot be enjoyed unless the speed of the Internet connection is up to par. For example, if you are using the Internet connection on your mobile phone and need to log in to YouTube. If the Internet connection is too slow, it gets irritating and its purpose may not be achieved. Therefore, it is essential to ensure good network connectivity and improve Internet speed on the mobile phone or IT system to easily perform various tasks.
If you have found a slow speed or a slow Internet connection on your Android or iOS device, you can get help from some effective tips to increase the speed of the mobile Internet.
Below you can find some ways to speed up mobile data.
How To Speed Up Internet On Your Smartphone (Android & iOS)
There is nothing more frustrating than a slow cellular data connection. If you are looking to search for something on Google or check Facebook on your phone, pay and wait for a certain level of speed. When the service doesn’t reach that level, it’s easy to get angry.
In most cases, a slow connection is only temporary, caused by the location or congestion of the network. Other times, it may persist for hours or even days. Before calling your mobile operator’s technical support, try these seven simple steps to see if they solve your speed problems.
We use smartphones to complete many of our daily activities and most of them require an Internet connection. The slow Internet connection can be annoying, especially when it comes to carrying out critical work. If you want to improve Internet speed on your smartphone, this article will help you.
Tips To Speed Up Internet On Smartphones (Android and iOS)
- Limit the use of app data in the background
- Uninstall/disable unused apps
- Restore network settings
- Remove Cached Files from Browser
The tricks listed below are useful only if you have Internet speed problems even though you have a relatively faster Internet connection. If your Internet connection is slow, you need to update your Internet service plan or find an alternative.
Ookla Speedtest is the best way to check the speed of your Internet connection. Visit www.speedtest.net or download your application to check the speed of your network.
Also Read: How To Fix iPhone Settings Switch Greyed Out
1. Limit Background App Data Usage
When multiple applications run simultaneously on the device, they can continue to use the data even if they run in the background. Stopping these apps in the background will prevent them from using the Internet. It will also give you some space to run the applications to get more bandwidth. However, apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. they must work in the background to receive new messages. So, decide wisely.
How to limit background data on Android
- On your phone, go to Settings> Network and Internet> Data usage> App data usage.
- Tap on the app that consumes a lot of data or the one that is ready to lock.
- It will reveal how much background data you are consuming.
- Turn off the background data option
- If a confirmation message appears, click OK.
How to limit background data on iOS
- Start the settings and click General
- Now click on the option Background App Refresh and move the switch next to the Update app in the background option to OFF.
- To disable individual access to background data, return to the settings and look at the list of apps. Transform the ones you want to block.
2. Uninstall Unused Applications
Most mobile applications use the Internet to work one way or another. If your device has too many applications and all access the Web, you will experience slower Internet speeds. Uninstalling unused applications can help improve Internet speed on Android and iOS.
How to uninstall or disable applications on Android
- Press and hold the application icon you want to remove.
- After pressing and holding for a couple of seconds, the “Uninstall” option will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Without leaving the icon, drag the app icon to the “Uninstall” option and release it.
- Confirm the selection to uninstall the application.
How to uninstall or disable apps on iOS
- Tap and hold the application icon you want to remove until the app icon starts moving.
- Now you will see an “x” sign in the upper left corner of the app icon.
- Press the “x” sign and confirm the selection to uninstall the app.
3.Reset network settings
If the device is connected to the Internet via WiFi, restart the modem to restore the Internet connection. Devices that use mobile data restore the APN on the device to restore the Internet.
How to reset APN on Android
- Start “Settings”.
- Click on “Wireless and networks”.
- Tap “Mobile networks”.
- Now select the “Access point names” option.
- Tap the menu icon and then click on the option that says “Restore defaults”.
How to reset APN on iOS
- Start the setup app.
- Click on cellular.
- After that, select the option “cellular data option / cellular data network”.
- Scroll down, search for “Restore settings” and click on it.
4. Remove Cached Files from Browser
Website cache files are downloaded and stored in a web browser to facilitate faster site access in the future. But when there are too many cache files, it can slow down the web browser application.
Clearing the cache of the mobile Web browser should help improve Internet speed and browsing experience. Check out our detailed guide on how to delete the history of Android searches from applications and browsers.
Also, make sure you regularly delete unnecessary files from your phone. You will always need space on your phone, regardless of the application used.
I hope the article on making the Internet faster on your smartphone and tablet has been useful.
- How To Use 4G SIM in 3G Smartphones [ Trick ]
- How To Run JioTV on Your Laptop or PC
- How to clear App Cache or Clear App Data?
- How to Change Your Apple Watch Band?
If you have any query feel free to drop that in the comment section and Visit ATechGuides for more information.