Pwn20wnd officially discharged unc0ver v4.2.0 to the overall population Tuesday evening after a few inner beta analyzers had prodded the jailbreak dealing with A8X-A11 devices running iOS 13.0-13.3 prior in the day.
The programmer reported the new update, alongside some fundamental data, simply this evening by means of Twitter:
Referring to the change sign on Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub page, unc0ver v4.2.0 consolidates the accompanying changes:
“02/25/2020 – v4.2.0 was released for production with the following changes:
– Fix issues with system services on A12-A13 (i.e. iMessage notifications)
– Add iOS 13.0-13.3 support for A9 8X-A11 devices
– Fix temporary freeze after the jailbreak completed alert
– You must reboot in order to install this update if you are already jailbroken
– Pwn20wnd’s substitute bootstrap tooling is used on A8X-A11 devices running iOS 13.0-13.3 for battery saving features, improved performance, and compatibility reasons
– There is no particular reason to switch to the unc0ver jailbreak if you are already running the checkra1n jailbreak (Other than the convenience of being able to re-jailbreak your device without a computer)
– Your jailbreak apps and tweaks will be preserved when switching from the checkra1n jailbreak for A8X-A11
– You can switch back to the checkra1n jailbreak while preserving your jailbreak apps and tweaks but you will need to manually install Cydia Substrate from Cydia after switching back
– All devices running iOS 13.0-13.3 are now supported
– The connected Apple Watch may re-sync after jailbreak. It will take around a minute or two and it won’t touch your data.”
The absolute most significant change right now the help for A8X-A11 devices running iOS 13.0-13.0. Already, the jailbreak just upheld A12(X)- A13 devices running these adaptations of iOS. This now makes it conceivable to jailbreak any iOS 13.0-13.3 device with unc0ver, and moreover, it tends to be used to re-jailbreak a device that was recently claimed with checkra1n if you can’t get to a PC to send the jailbreak. The main exemption to this standard is a device running iOS 13.3.1, as unc0ver doesn’t bolster this rendition of the firmware.
Also see: How to Find a Lost Android Phone
It’s important that there’s no specific favorable position to changing from checkra1n to unc0ver except if you’re stuck without a PC. If you do this and afterward choose later down the line that you need to use checkra1n once more, then you should physically reinstall the entirety of your jailbreak tweaks and expansions. Doing this isn’t fundamental if you’re for all time changing to unc0ver, in any case.