4G booms in the telecom industry and thanks to its low price for data ratio that is bringing the revolution. In 3G devices, it does not work. The device needs to be 4G LTE compatible to run on 4G SIM in Android smartphones. If you are in search of any method to get it run then this article is for you. Below we have shared some tricks with you to help you get 4G SIM run in your 3G devices.
Trying these tricks will help you to convert your 3G device into a 4G device. These tricks are provided using Shortcut Master lite app, MTK engineering app, Xorware interface app. These tricks will surely help you to use any 4G restricted SIM network in your 3G Android smartphone.
Note: We advise readers discretion as the below mentioned tricks are only for informational purpose. Perform the steps at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage.
Check Device Chipset
You first need to check your device process before proceeding further and for that, you can download CPU-Z App and install it. you will see your device info and device processor. Proceed with the steps according to your device processor.
Also Read: How To Run JioTV on Your Laptop or PC
How to Use 4G SIM in 3G Smartphones [ Trick]
Trick 1 – For Mediatek Processors
- Check the specification of your device to ensure that it runs on Mediatek Chipset (MTK).
- This trick is nor preferable for Android running on KitKat Version 4.4.
- Download and install MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G Android device.
- Go to the app and select MTK settings.
- After that select Preferred Network Option
- Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM from the dropdown list and Save & Reboot Your Phone.
- When you are done. Insert you 4G SIM in the first SIM slot and keep the second SIM slot empty.
That’s it. Now your device will run on 3G speed with a 3G network using the 4G SIM card.
Note: With this trick, you can only use the internet not the calls because for that LTE is required.
Trick 2 – For Qualcomm Chipset
- Check the specification of your device to ensure that it runs on Qualcomm Chipset.
- Download and install the Master (Lite) App.
- Go to the menu and open Service Menu.
- Select the System App option to change LTE Bands.
- You can also change LTE bands through the Engineering Mode App.
- Go to key input and enter 0000, wait for few seconds to get the popup.
- From the popup, select UE settings, select Settings => protocol => NAS => Network Control => Band Selection => LTE Band
- After that, select Band 40 (Select other bands for other options)
- Insert 4G Sim & enjoy 3G speed with 4G SIM in a 3G smartphone.
Also Read: How To Use Showbox with Chromecast | 2019
Trick 3 – Xorware 4G Interface App
Another simple yet effective trick is to get 4G work in a 3G phone but for that, you need to root your device first. There is an app called Xorware that can help you to get a 4G interface to run in a 3G phone. You need to install this framework for this trick to work.
- Install Xorware Interface Pro and Xorware Switcher in your device.
- Go to Network Settings in the app and select Network Mode as 4G LTE.
- Save the settings and restart your device.
- Insert the 4G SIM in the first SIM slot.
- Restart your device again and you will notice 4G working.
Trick 4 – Phone Testing Method
This trick may not work for all device type but you can give it a try.
- In your phone’s dial pad, dial *#*#4636#*#*
- You will notice a page named Testing
- Click on Phone Information option
- Look for Set Preferred Network Type
- Select LTE option
- Reboot your device
- Insert the SIM
- Insert the SIM in first SIM slot
- After that, reboot your device again and you are done
Note: You cannot get 4G speed with any of these tricks but your phone can support 4G SIM and run on a 3G network.
Also Read: How to clear App Cache or Clear App Data?
That was some tricks that you can try to get 4G SIM card to work on 3G compatible smartphones. If there is any query you can mention that in the comment section.
For more information: Visit ATechGuides